Friday, August 27, 2021

Wonderful Wet Washington (2219.1 mi +77.6 -136.1)

Tracker Photos (Add yourself to the album to get update notifications.)

Even after a long weekend off trail, I'm still ahead of pace!

Getting back on trail was a struggle. After a late night into Portland, I got on trail a little after 10:30 am, mentally and physically exhausted. I managed 11 miles and fell asleep at 6 pm.

During those 11 miles, I ran into Sunshine! I met her back before my birthday, on day 4. It was awesome to see her again. She was hiking with her non-thru-hiking friend, who I also met back on day 6. It was great to see them both, and they hung out well after I fell asleep.

On Wednesday I got my trail legs back under me, though I still hadn't caught up on sleep. Got 28 miles in, finishing on a climb that made me doubt whether my trail legs had actually returned. (Sunshine made the call to drop off a few miles shorter.)

But everything actually clicked on Thursday. Did 31 and met a whole bunch of new and old friends. Trail Days and a bachelor party completely shuffled who's where, so plenty of people who haven't seen each other in 1000 miles are bumping into each other.

And now I'm in Trout Lake, eating huckleberry everything while drinking a huckleberry mimosa. It's a good life, but my battery's about to die.

- Happy Meal


No comments:

Post a Comment