Tonight
I embark on a 2 week journey, where I'll go to Taiwan and Thailand. I'm
pretty stoked. I've got a tour lined up for my week in Taiwan, which
I'll be doing while hanging out with my roommate Chris (Lee). (And not
Zach or Luke, who totally should be going with me.) Chris is already in
Taiwan, and awaiting my arrival. When I switch to Thailand, I'll be
hanging out with my high school friend Chris (Yake).
There
is no confusion about spending two consecutive weeks in two different
countries that have the same first syllable, spending time with two
different friends with the same first name. None at all.
The
travel bit of my trip is going to be fun, because I like travelling.
That is not sarcasm. I will be taking an overnight bus down to NYC, then
a 16 hour flight from JFK to Taipei. I've got a bunch of books and
podcasts lined up for my trip. I'm most excited to read Year Zero, on my Uncle Jim's recommendation. I don't often see people laugh out loud while reading books. Uncle Jim had a couple moments like that over Christmas break. Hopefully I don't wake anyone up during my flight.
I think that's enough for my intro post. The next post will have pictures, and (hopefully) more description about how much I liked my plane flight.
Happy Birthday, Lauren! Happy St. Patrick's Day, all!
Matt
No comments:
Post a Comment